The Main Event 2017: Week 5 Challenge
Here it is: the moment you’ve all been waiting for. The FINAL CHALLENGE ANNOUNCEMENT.
Ok, so it’s not that big of a surprise. After all, we had SO MUCH fun with last year’s Final Challenge, that there’s no way that we could NOT do it again this year. Amazing as it was, we’ve no doubt that this year’s challenge will prove to be even more compelling than 2016. So without any further ado…
WEEK #5 TEAM CHALLENGE.
A Team Scavenger Hunt. Each Team has until Friday, 3/24, at 3:59 PM, to collect as many of the following items as possible from the list below, while adhering to the following rules:
- This is not a subjective search. This is an Objective Search, as Judged by the Main Event Series Grand-Poobah-Rear-Admiral-Master-of-Ceremonies (‘The Judge’). The Judge will have final discretion over all submissions. Be mindful of that fact when conducting your Hunt.
- Each team has a spending cap of $10.00. That’s right – $10.00… for their entire team. Anything purchased must be accompanied by a receipt. Any submission deemed suspect by the Judge will not be counted towards the team’s total score.
- Teams will be awarded the total number of points they accumulate through the Hunt. Unlike previous challenges, the Week 5 Challenge will not award a set number of points for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & 4th place. Rather, teams will receive the TOTAL points they earn for this Challenge. We’ve done this to both keep the challenge close, and to promote participation across the entire team.
- All Local and Federal laws must be adhered to by all team members throughout the duration of the Hunt. If a Team Member is found to have broken any Law during the execution of this Hunt, their team will be disqualified from the Hunt.
- The WORST Television Commercial in History. All submissions must include a playable Vimeo / Youtube link or similar. Submissions that cannot be watched during the awards ceremony will not be eligible for points. (5 points).
- One (1) Postcard From Delaware.
- Unmailed (3 points);
- Mailed: (5 points);
- One (1) Unopened Box of:
- Boo Berry Breakfast Cereal (3 Points);
- C-3PO’s Breakfast Cereal (7 Points);
- Mr. T’s Breakfast Cereal (20 points);
- One (1) working Vinyl Record from any of the following artists (one submission / team):
- Neil Diamond (2 points);
- The Monkees (4 points);
- The Clash (8 points).
- One (1) Team Photo. Photo must meet the following guidelines:
- Photo must feature a reflection of the team;
- A mirror may not be used to capture the reflection of the team;
- One (1) point will be assigned per team member captured in the photo.
- One (1) “Buy-One, Get-One” Coupon that’s redeemable for a Service, not a Good (5 Points);
- One (1) of the ugliest fanny-packs you can find. Submissions will be ranked against one another; Points will be awarded as follows:
- “We tried” (1 Point);
- “That’s an Ugly Fanny-Pack” (2 Points);
- “That’s a Fugly Fanny-Pack” (4 Points);
- “Gary Busy should be wearing that pack. You didn’t steal it from him, did you?” (6 Points);
- “That Pack didn’t get BEAT by the Ugly-Stick. That Pack IS the Ugly-Stick” (8 Points).
- An Original Varsity letter Jacket (5 points). Additional points are available according to the following schedule:
- The jacket was earned by a Team Member (3 points);
- The jacket was earned by a team member, and there’s photo documentation to verify that the jacket was indeed worn by said team member (5 points);
- The jacket was earned by a team member, and there’s photo documentation to verify that the Jacket was at one time worn by the recipients boyfriend/girlfriend at the time of receipt (10 points).
- Move or Concert Ticket from 2015 (7 Points). One additional point will be awarded for each year back.
- One (1) VHS Tape of an EPIC Motion Picture (be mindful of the Judge). Videos will be ranked on the Grand-Poobah Rear-Admiral of the Main Event Scale of Awesomeness. Any protests and/or protests about the subjective nature of the aforementioned scale will be ignored, and may result in a penalty for your team. This challenge will be scored as follows:
- 1st place (“That movie was AWESOME!!!”): 8 points.
- 2nd Place (“That movie was pretty good!”): 6 Points.
- 3rd Place (“I didn’t hate it.”): 4 Points.
- 4th PLace (“That movie sucked”): 2 Points.
- 5th Place (“Not only did that suck, but I am literally dumber for having watched that. Not only do I want my money back; I want the 100 minutes of my life that that movie took from me back”): -5 points.
OF NOTE: The following bonus points will be awarded for this challenge:
- If someone in the film suffers from an OG: 5 Points.
- If the plot involves rescuing Vietnam POW’s: 3 Points.
- If the plot involves the rescue of Vietnam POWs, and the film DOESN’T feature Chuck Norris or Sylvester Stallone: 8 points.
- If the film features Leslie Neilsen: 6 Points.
- BONUS: Any submission that is in BETAMAX format will receive an extra 10 points.
WEEK #5 LIFESTYLE CHALLENGE.
Cards Against Humanity Challenge. During the Awards Ceremony, each team will challenged at ONE hand of Cards Against Humanity. The Judge will determine the winner. Points will be awarded as follows:
- 1st Place Team: 10 points.
- Athlete Profiles & Accomplishments (27)
- Coach's Corner (83)
- Competition (38)
- CrossFit Kids (3)
- CrossFit Open / TT Main Event Series (39)
- Daily Results (1,547)
- Daily WOD (905)
- Function (1,362)
- New Member Blog (10)
- News and Events (200)
- Nutrition (10)
- Performance (1,373)
- Program Philosophy and Education (21)
- RTG (1,348)
- Uncategorized (130)
- Videos (15)