New Class Protocols
Consistent with our mission to provide a World-Class Training experience, the CrossFit TT Coaching Staff has been working hard to implement several policies and procedures that’ll enhance everyone’s training experience. Many of these changes are subtle, and may be difficult for you to immediately detect. Others may be a little more noticeable, and absent any context could potentially raise some questions. We’d like to take this opportunity to share with you one such change, and how/why we’re implementing it.
Over the past few months, we’ve been experimenting with a number of different methods to:
- standardize the curriculum taught in each class. Although we want each coach to bring their own distinct style, energy, and vibe to each class, we don’t want anyone to miss out on a key pointer as they transition from one coach to anther.
- More quickly post results and PR’s to the website and social media channels. You’ve asked for them; we’re delivering.
- Prevent mistakes made in one class from manifesting themselves in a later class. Most folks don’t talk as long as Tyler does, so this is pretty much for his benefit, but nonetheless…
- Track PR’s and breakthrough performances.
- Keep coaches appraised of injuries / ailments experienced in class on a regular basis.
One of the most effective tools we’ve found for facilitating these communications is an iphone app that allows coaches to interface directly with both mindbody and our website/blog from their phone. With a few quick taps on our iphone screen, we can post the whiteboard results and a picture of someone’s first kipping pull-up to the website, notify all the other coaches of a change that was proactively made to the warm-up, or offer a suggestion as to how to manage a larger class size for the workout. Part of our protocols mandate that these updates are only done after class, and that they NEVER detract from the training experience. Nevertheless, should you see a coach tapping away furiously on their iphone at the end of the class, please know that they’re doing so as part of an effort to continue our collective commitment to excellence, and not out of some incessant need to stay in constant contact with their bestie. Please don’t let these communications discourage you from communicating with a coach after a class – they’re MORE than happy to help answer any questions you may have, and will gladly help you out as soon as they’ve finished these commitments.
- Athlete Profiles & Accomplishments (27)
- Coach's Corner (82)
- Competition (38)
- CrossFit Kids (3)
- CrossFit Open / TT Main Event Series (39)
- Daily Results (1,547)
- Daily WOD (905)
- Function (1,362)
- New Member Blog (10)
- News and Events (200)
- Nutrition (10)
- Performance (1,373)
- Program Philosophy and Education (21)
- RTG (1,348)
- Uncategorized (130)
- Videos (15)